In partnership with Strathmore and WMATA, Fivesquares Development is planning Strathmore Square, a new residential community at Grosvenor-Strathmore Metro that will feature include amenities for our neighborhood to enjoy.
Fivesquares’ principal for Strathmore Square is Ron Kaplan, who was also the principal for Symphony Park. Ron will bring the same vision and dedication to Strathmore Square that he did for Symphony Park.
According to Ron, features of Strathmore Square will include:
- An upscale residential community atop the Grosvenor-Strathmore Metro Station featuring a mix of buildings, architecture and heights. Fivesquares would build mid-rise buildings adjacent to the surrounding neighborhoods along Tuckerman Lane and step up the building heights along Rockville Pike.
- A Village Green park for people living in surrounding communities like Symphony Park to relax with friends and neighbors
- An innovative new pilot program starting this summer at the Metro station, featuring small local retail pop-ups like ice cream shops, bakeries, and cafes
- Additional classroom space for Strathmore students, in plain view on the public square.
- State-of-the-art sustainable and green practices throughout, including biofiltration, permeable surface and bioswales.
Take the Survey
As Fivesquares prepares to test the retail pop-up concept at Metro, they would like to hear ideas from our community through their online survey. You can learn more about their plans at www.strathmoresquare.com.